Honeymoon Style

banner

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Luxe VIctorian Style Ivory Wedding Evening Purse Etsy Listing











I  just listed this handbag on Etsy.  I've been working on it for the past several months because there is so much handwork on this bag. I had to put it down for a few days and get back to it because the work was so concentrated. 

I started out with a rich ivory bridal satin and added ribbons in ivory, bronze and champagne.  From there I overlayed a scalloped piece of embroidered net that was new as in unused from the 1970's and used in our bridal shop.   I edged that in an ivory satin cording,   I added a champagne colored reembroidered champagne lace in a pie slice piece and I started appliquing various vintage venise laces on the handbag.  Again, new and unused from the 1970's.  Sine if the laces are silk and have a sheen.   I started handsewing pearls in various sizes and shapes over the bronze ribbon.   

Since I am into Victorian ribbon art, I started making ribbon flowers in taupe, champagne and bronze.  One of the flowers is two toned with  buttercup and champagne.  I made leaves out of moss green ribbon and centered the flowers with hand sewn pearls.    

The coolest feature is inside.   I made a cell phone pocket that will fit all smart phones and banded it in "something blue" satin.   

The handle is tri colored satin handmade cording in ivory, taupe and champagne that I braided and hand sewed to an ivory cord.  

The flap closes with velcro.  

I want to keep this for myself!  Its very couture in its workmanship.  Its luxe and its boho and Victorian at the same time.   It can be used after the wedding.   

Made with love and one of a kind!! 
This would cost three times as much at a brick and mortar boutique.  


Here is the link:  Luxe Victorian Handbag.








Inside cell phone pocket, your something blue.







No comments:

Post a Comment