Honeymoon Style

banner

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Shut Up About The Royal Wedding Already!




I don't think I'm going to survive the royal wedding.  I made a vow I was going to boycott the news or the royal wedding, but I can't seem to avoid it.  Its everywhere!

This morning I turned on the TV and the newscaster chirpily said " There are less than 80 days to Kate and William's wedding".  And this is news and it affects me how?  Then she proceeded to say you can download an I-phone app that counts down the days to the wedding.  OMG, if you need to download this app, you need to get a life.

Flipping channels I came across a dress designer who claims that Kate will wear two wedding dresses.  Of course, the first dress will ABSOLUTELY have long sleeves because the aisle in Westminster Abbey is so long that long sleeves are required.  REALLY?  I never got the memo. 

Another channel talks about Kate dieting before the wedding.  Really?  If she loses any more weight, all we will be able to see is the big smile and the feathers sticking out of her hat.  The newscaster said " Of course, all future brides want to lose weight for their wedding."   Yeah,  IF they need to lose weight, she's bone thin already.

Another channel is interviewing two blokes who will be joining the crowd outside the Abbey  the day of the wedding.  They are trying to decide whether to wear top hats.  Really?  I couldn't hog tie my husband to stand in any crowd, much less wear a top hat.

Flipping again,  there is discussion if Kate will wear a tiara.  Kate, if your future grandmother in law is willing to loan you some royal jewels, go for it.   Return it at your leisure.

Flip!  The royal wedding will NOT have a budget.  I know thousands of brides who are pinching pennies for the most basic wedding who would like to slap the crap out of that newscaster, just because. 

Geeze, then there's the news that China is churning out Kate and William trinkets to sell so everyone can have a royal souvenir.  I'll pass.

As an American, I don't get the monarchy.  I don't get what they do...if they do anything besides smile before the camera.   Do they have jobs?  Do they get paid?

 Avoiding the royal wedding is like trying to avoid news of Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan.   Go back to rehab already.  With all the turmoil in Egypt, I find this all hard to digest as news. How is the royal wedding any more important than YOUR wedding?  I give the whole thing a big WHO CARES and a big REALLY?




2 comments:

  1. I officially love you. I've been saying over and over again that I do not want to hear about the damn royal wedding. Shut up, and go away, thank you. I'm avoiding the BBC News like the plague. Mind you, I live in India, so between our anti-corruption movement, winning the cricket world cup, and assorted local and national excitement, I'm happy to say I am Kate-and-William-free. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could care less about this 'Royal Wedding'. With all going on in the world this is hardly important news. They should have the bloody thing in private and shut the hell up about it. Its the most insane bit of crap I've seen for some time.

    ReplyDelete